Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Reinventing and the pencil crayons


I tried to make the blog about some of the things that I pick out as different between growing up in Canada and now living here in the US.

These are subtle things - but now I'll be here all day putting them out there.

Instead, I'm going to write about the random things that I do in my every day. Yeah, so like everyone else- just a lot of blah, blah, blah.

Hopefully mine won't be so dull- but no promises!

I'll leave with one last Canadianism that I grew up with from elementary school - that is our pencil crayons! Remember those?

Out here they are called- colored pencils. I dunno but sounds kinda racist to me. I mean the pencils are used by the masses from 8 to 3, when the kids are in school. And those poor colored pencils. They are only used when the teacher gives an assignment that could require them. Can you use the blue colored pencil to do print out your maths homework? No, they are segregated from the normal black pencils! Bad colored pencils, what were you thinking? Back in your case you go with the other colored pencils. While the regular pencils can hangout with the yellow highlighter and the eraser and the older set, the pens- the colored pencils must hang with their own often at times forgotten in the bottom of the bag.

So check out our Laurentian "Coloured" Pencils - and in Canada, the label says colored pencils- but at the least we'll call them by their name Pencil Crayons.

No comments:

Post a Comment