Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I gotta Check Plus Plus. That's like a "C" at Arizona State.


What is Check Plus Plus? It sounds like some sort of hip way to test the settings of your microphone and for feedback levels.

And this is what my new (next) blog is about - the subtle American ways of what is said in this country and if I understand it or not.

Well, it is not yet in Wikipedia, so no good there.

I know it's a grade- but what is the scale? Can you get a Check minus minus? What makes a Check Plus Plus better than a Check Plus?
What grade levels give the Check Plus Plus? Is it a grade for the year? Can you average the Check (Regular, Plus, Minus)? What happens if there is a mix of letter grades and Check system? I could go on ...

But it sounds like something really good ... I want the Check Plus Plus ... drool ...

2 comments:

  1. Honestly, I think it's another way that Americans can try to excel at things when they are really mediocre. Because no one wants the "C" but everyone gets the gold star for trying. UGH. SUCK IT UP PEOPLE!

    Anyway, love the new blog about cultural differences between us wacky Americans and you crazy Canadians!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer may be on to something. I'll also add a teacher's perspective. I might not want to spend all that time grading and giving numerical grades, or even letter grades, so for me a "Check plus plus" might mean: You did my bidding and, unbidden, drew me a cute picture, made me laugh (not always intentionally, but we must accept humor however it comes) and you have not griefed me lately.

    ReplyDelete